What to Expect at Outdoor Worship
Updated February 2022
Planning to join us for outdoor worship on the lawn? Wondering what that will entail? Below are just a few guidelines to help you feel prepared. We look forward to having you join us!
- Bring any supplies you might need to survive a 45 min outdoor worship service.
- Chairs or blankets (limited handicap seating will be available).
- Water, hats, sunscreen, and umbrellas.
- The pastors will bring communion to you where you are seated. Grape juice and gluten free wafers are available upon request.
- Please check in with the host upon your arrival – they will be standing near the worship entrance next to a tall table. The host will ask a quick health screening question (have you been/are you feeling well).
- If you have a fever, cough, breathing problems, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell – please enjoy our virtual worship service from your home.
- The host table will have both paper copies of the bulletin as well as a QR code to download a digital copy. Additionally, on that table you will find a basket where you may place any offering that you may have brought. Our bulletin also contains a page with instructions about how to use our mobile giving app.
- Masks are not currently required in our outdoor worship setting, but feel free to wear one if that would make your worship experience feel safer and more enjoyable.
- Please find a seat somewhere on the lawn and make yourself comfortable.
- We ask that folks do their best to maintain social distancing both in where they choose to sit, and in their interactions as they move around the campus.
- Bathrooms are located both in the MU building (single occupancy, all gender) and in the sanctuary.
- Covid has drastically changed so much about our lives and the world around us. We thank you for your flexibility, understanding, and grace as we live into these unique times that we find ourselves in.