Please join us for Holy Week here at Bethlehem!
Palm Sunday – April 2nd – 9:00 & 10:30 AM
- Our journey to the empty tomb begins on Palm Sunday with Jesus’ entrance into Jerusalem to shouts of “Hosanna!” Our choral cantata is back after a several-year hiatus due to Covid, and we could not be more pleased.
Maundy Thursday – April 6th – 7 PM
- We enter into the Triduum, or the Great Three Days, with our Maundy Thursday service. We hear the story of the last supper, how Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, and instituted the sacrament of Holy Communion. The service will include an option to participate in foot/hand washing, and will end with the stripping of the altar.
Good Friday – April 7th – 7 PM
- We hear the last 7 words of Jesus in the midst of the entire Passion Narrative. This is a service of Tenebrae (a Latin term meaning “darkness”) where the light gradually fades as we move with Jesus from his arrest, to his crucifixion, and ultimately to the tomb. The service will involve two prayer stations – prayer around the cross & the nailing of concerns to the cross.
Easter Vigil – April 8th – 3 PM
- Since we do not know the hour at which our Lord rose from the tomb, the church has historically vigiled all through the night in celebration of Jesus’ triumph over death and the grave. Come for this family friendly service of readings, jubilation, and celebration. The service begins with roasting marshmallows over the new fire, and will involve moving from the Family Center to the Sanctuary. This year our theme is “God makes all things new!”
Easter Sunday – April 9th – 8:00 AM indoors, 9:30, & 11:00 AM outdoors
- Christ is risen! He is risen indeed, alleluia! With shouts of praise and thanksgiving we welcome our resurrected Lord and Savior. The 8 AM service will take place in the sanctuary, and will be livestreamed, while the 9:30 & 11 AM services will happen out on the lawn. Please bring a chair or a blanket, as well as sunscreen and water. An easter egg hunt for children of all ages will take place between the 1st and 2nd services. All are welcome!