The Full-Day Preschool program runs year round, five days a week, 7:00am to 6:00pm, and is closed on major holidays and two weeks in August.
Philosophy And Goals
Bethlehem Child Care Center is part of Bethlehem Lutheran Church. We have a Christian based philosophy that welcomes children of all faiths and backgrounds to our program.
We believe children thrive in a loving happy environment designed to meet their special needs. Our goals are that children will develop:
- A strong positive self-concept.
- Skill in caring for their bodies.
- A joy in expressing themselves creatively in music, art, crafts, movement and language.
- Positive social relations with both children and adults.
- Appropriate emotional controls and an inner self discipline.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in the world around them.
- A desire to learn.
- Academic readiness for kindergarten.
Our commitment to you is to provide a safe, loving and stimulating environment where your child will be valued as a unique individual and will be challenged to grow.
Children who are 2-5 years will be considered for enrollment. Priority is given to:
- Children currently enrolled who wish to add more days.
- Siblings of children currently enrolled.
- Siblings of alumni students.
- Children who are currently members of Bethlehem Lutheran Church
- Children from the waiting list based on date and scheduling available.
- Bethlehem Child Care is a non-discriminatory center and accepts all children without regard for race and/or religion.
All children will be evaluated to determine each child’s readiness to thrive in the school’s program. All families are placed on a wait list, after touring the facility. If you would like a tour, please call Debi at (760) 753-4780. Families who do not benefit from the school will be counseled regarding other options for their child.
A registration fee and first month’s tuition are due prior to enrollment. We require emergency information, family information, and a medical statement signed by your doctor.
Program And Procedures
When your child is enrolled you may use whatever part of the day that you need. The school seeks to help families establish harmony and ease as they come and go.
Sign your child out each day and take a minute to scan the bulletin board for important notices.
A special feature of our program is the opportunity for the children to interact in carefully planned inter-generational activities with the senior program, such as reading picture books, telling stories, cooking, art or singing.
The children’s learning experiences are organized around a theme such as self-awareness, community helpers, wildlife, etc.
All curriculum areas are included in the teachers’ lesson plans—art, music, movement, science, pre-math, pre-reading, language and large and small muscle activities. The teachers’ lesson plans are posted on the Bulletin Board each week.